Good Bye Celebration of the 7th class in April 2015 with teachers and employees (second row f. l. t. r.: Riyaz, Babu, Ramesh, Narigappa, Giribabu, Kumar, Chandra Mohan, Klaus (Prema), Raja Sekhar, Prabhavathi, Ramadevi, Munemma, A. Saraswathi, M. Saraswathi, Zahrunnisha, Vijayalakshmi, Anasuya, Uttamma)
We are practising a holistic pedagogy for head, heart and hands – very different to the wide spread so called education consisting only of the normal syllabus (language, science, social science, general knowledge and mathematics). The feedback of 7th class students and teachers is published on our website as well (http://www.natureconceptschool.org/testimonials.html). The statements have been edited and shortened to avoid unnecessary repetitions.
- “I have been studying since 2008 at this school. I am suffering very much because I have to leave the school – I am unhappy. We have no stage fear because we celebrate Nature Day every month. We perform dramas, show paintings etc. In this school every month we have a health check. Weekly twice we eat Moringa Laddhus [Sweet enhanced with Moringa powder]. Weekly once we have a music class and a Karate class. Every day we have sports and games. I like all teachers. I want to become an army officer.” M. Raju
Raju has been very sick in 2013 needing blood transfusions desperately. His parents could not arrange this – they have no health insurance… Students and teachers did everything they could to help him; Prabhavathi teacher donated blood (http://www.natureconceptschool.org/news/newsletter/english/139-shanti-ananda-newsletter-32013.html). Now Raju is a strong young man capable to lift 50 kg rice – he won as well several gold medals at Karate competitions.
- “I like music class, Karate and Nature Days, games and sports, the Creativity Progress Exhibition, Moringa Laddhu Pooja etc. I like all teachers. I want to become an army officer.” C. Vignesh
- “I have studied from 2nd class to 7th class in this school. I like Karate class, drawing class, music class, games and sports. I like all teachers. I like Helga Mam, Horst Sir, Herbert Sir, and Premananda Sir. I like animals and birds. I like nature. I like the swimming pool. I like the greenery in this school I like this school very much. Thank you, Helga Mam and Horst Sir. Thank you to all.” P. Sariya
Sarya wants to become Karate master – understandable as she won gold medals twice in Karate competitions!
Sarya 2014 at a Karate performance on the area
- “I have been studying since 2008. This is a very good school. I like the school. I studied here very well. I like the school very much. I like the special education in this school. I like Nature Days, dance class, Music class, Meditation, yoga, creativity classes, Project weeks, watering plants etc. I like different flower plants in this school. I like the green house. I like teddy bears. I like computer class. I like animals and birds in this school. I like Helga Mam, Horst Sir, Herbert Sir, Herbert Mueller Sir, Premananda Sir, Joe Sir, Ivanka Mam and Monika Mam very much. Helga Mam provides us games material, free books, free education, free uniforms. Thank you for providing this. I like all teachers. I like all subjects. Helga Mam is my mother. Helga Mam develops the school very well. I want to become an I. A. S. officer [Indian Administrative Service] and I want to do service to poor people. My school is very beautiful. I like the buildings. Horst Sir provides us Moringa Laddhus. The Laddhus are healthy energy food for us. I like my friends. We have helping nature. I like the library in this school.” Kulyamma
- “I have been studying since 2007. This is a very good school. The special programmes in the school are creativity, games, Nature Days, plantation, compost preparation, meditation, yoga, Pooja, music class etc. I like these specialities in this school. This is very good service of Helga Mam. Thank you, Mam. Mam provides free school uniforms to us. She loves us very much. I like the school very much. In this school our teachers treat us with love. I like this nature. I have studied 9 years in this school very happily. I enjoyed very much here. I never forget the school. I like Creativity Progress Exhibition, Moringa Laddhus, Pooja etc. Thank you to all, thank you, Helga Mam!” Saichandana
First Class students at the Nature Day in July (topic: hills)
- “I have studied here from 3rd class. I like Helga Mam and Horst Sir, Herbert Sir and so many members. I like the teachers very much. I like Pooja here. I like music class very much. Premananda Sir teaches us music very well. I like games here. I have learnt here a lot in this school. So many flower plants are here. I have learnt her a lot about Nature. I like watering the plants here. I have very good friends here. We cooperate one to another. When I joined the school I didn’t know anything. Now I am studying well. Helga Mam is a very nice person. Mam provides us free books and uniforms. We never forget Helga Mam. I never forget my teachers. I would like to study well and have a good position then I want to do service. Mam came from another country and does very good service. Special thanks to Helga Mam. I want to become teacher. Thank you to all.” Haritha
- “I like Moringa Laddhu, Nature Days, education, games and sports, pooja etc. I like Creativity Progress Exhibition. I want to become a police officer.” Govardhan
- “I feel unhappy because leaving the school. I have been studying since 2008. I like all teachers. I like sports and games, Nature Days, I like [Creativity Progress] Exhibition, music class, yoga class, Karate class, I like Moringa Laddhus, I want to become an engineer. Thank you.” Hemendrasai
Teacher training in the summer holidays
- “This is Nature Concept School, a modern School. First preference are poor children - how to protect the children and how to teach. Other schools have only the normal education. I like this Nature School.” T. Anasuya
- “Keeping in view that education forms the basic structure by which the younger generation is moulded, Shanti Ananda Upper Primary School has dedicated its services in this field for decades with good infrastructure, good teaching skills, good discipline, personality development, building communication between parents, teachers and students – a good platform for children to build their skills.” M. Rama Devi
- “In this Nature School the students are very interested in many activities. I didn’t see this type of school in my life. Yearly once we have a project week, monthly once a Nature Day and Medical camp; weekly twice Moringa Laddhus are provided to the students. Students practise very well: Yoga, Karate, Music, Dance, Drawing, Computer, Library, Veda Mantras and watering plants. I feel very happy to work in this school.” G. Munemma
- “This school is very special because we teach with Nature Concept. Our school is entirely different to other school; that’s why children like to come here.” Zahrunnisha
- “I am working as a Telugu teacher. The teaching style at this school is very different. We teach the students with play way and activity based practical methods
- Moral values are taught along with the subjects.
- The Students practise Yoga, meditation, Karate, music, dance, drawing, creativity, computer, library, Veda mantras and water plants.
- Our progress is very good: Nature Days, Project weeks and creativity.
- Moringa Laddhus are a healthy Nature food.
- The atmosphere is also very peaceful.
- Every month on 20th a Health Camp is conducted.
I like Helga Mam and honourable donors. I like these programs. I like headmaster Sir and staff. I feel very happy to work in this school.” N. Giribabu
- “I am working as a science teacher in this school. This is a nature based school – a modern school. The school campus is also very peaceful and gives good atmospheric conditions. We have greenery and orchard plants (Mango, Custard apple, Guava etc.). The Moringa Laddhus are healthy nature food for the students and us. I like Moringa Laddhus. In this school students are also very active participating in all programs. The Doctor checks up every student and provides good medicine. I like my staff (teachers) and Sirs. We have a good headmaster. He supports us in any problem, in all situations. All staff members cooperate with each other. First of all I thank Helga Mam because she gave a good life to work here. This is our luck. I feel very happy to work in this school.” P. Babu
- “I am working as a Mathematics teacher. This is a nature based school. Nature is not only a word. Nature creates the world and the universe. Nature gives life. We are depending on Nature.
- I didn’t see this type of school in my life before. This is a very special school. Many trees have been planted here. This area is totally covered with greenery; and it is clean. This school is like a temple or garden. The name “Shanti Ananda” means peace and happiness.
- I came here and learnt spiritual values, moral values and how to respect others’ advices, how to talk respectfully to others. I feel very happy to work here.
- I like very much this school. I like the staff. We have a good head master. He supports us in any problem, in any situation and programs. The staff members are like a good family. They have good advices and suggestions. They respect others’ advices and follow.” U. Riyaz
Teacher Vijaya Lakshmi with the 3rd class on Nature Day in July
- “In our school we conduct a “Nature Day” every month. Through this the children observe practically and they develop their knowledge, maturity and what is happening on the earth surface. By these programs children get more information and full details of any project than by the present syllabus in the books. We are teaching lessons to them practically by performing rehearsals, dramas, singing songs, role plays etc. Mainly the school environment is very nice and peaceful help to enjoy and for mind relief. The parents of the children feel very happy because their children study in our school. We are very proud and happy in working. So we are saying Thank You to the Honourable Helga Madam and head of section for providing these facilities, opportunities and equipment for the programs.” M. Vijaya Lakshmi
- “This is a modern school. I am working as a yoga teacher. I like our school atmosphere – teaching style, play way methods and so many activities. I like the water tank, tiled houses and the area. I like to teach Yoga. This is a good education giving good skills. So I like our Nature Concept School. I am very interested to work in the school.” A. Saraswathi
- “I am working as an English teacher – this is God’s gift. This school is entirely different from other schools. I studied in my B. Ed. Training time about Montessori Schools and Shantiniketan Schools; I wished to work as a teacher in such a school. My dream came true; I am very happy to work here. First I like very much atmosphere and pedagogical methods.” G. Prabhavathi
- “This is a special school. We teach the students moral values along with the subjects. The students practise Yoga, Meditation, Karate, Music, dance etc. We conduct creativity classes, Nature Days, Project weeks and Creativity Progress Exhibition. Moringa Laddhus are a healthy nature food for the students and us. School campus is so nice giving a peaceful atmosphere. We are thankful forever to all those who facilitate and provide all this.” M. Saraswathi
Yogasanas on the new yoga mats
- “I am proud to work as headmaster here; I feel personally that this school is heaven. Children feel free to learn anything; they are getting a fearless education. I haven’t seen this type of school in my life because children can lead many activities with their creative mind. Our teaching methods are different to teach children with head, heart and hands. We use play way, learning by doing and experimental methods. Our school children can create anything because they are experiencing creativity in the school time. I like the children practising meditation, yoga, music, and drawing, Pooja and Bhajana songs, Karate, caring for animals and plants. I always call Helga Shanti my spiritual mother because she encouraged Shanti my spiritual mother because she encouraged and supported me and all staff members. And she conducted much training to the teachers to teach the style of pedagogy. It is my strong belief who gets education at this school they will lead a very beautiful life in the future.” B. Rajasekhar
The company Yogistar from Germany donated 50 Yoga mats (they have a better quality and are bigger as the old ones) and money, for the purpose to prepare yoga dresses for all the students and for special children yoga teacher training for two teachers. Thank you to Yogistar!
Yoga class in the entrance area of the administration building
The Shanti Ananda Education Society offered a Drawing Workshop in the summer holidays. Everybody could participate; many old students were present as well as students from other schools to learn and to train.
Sketchbook with drawings
The echo was very good. A 9th class student of a school in Mudigubba said that he was very thankful for this opportunity as up to now he had not been able to draw one line by hand only. A female student of the 8th class in the Sai School in Mudigubba said that she has to pay thousands of Rupees for their Private School, but nevertheless ever had such a chance… She asked for more workshops like this.
With very cordial greetings,
Yours, Helga Shanti Fründt
Foreigners should give their donation to this FCRA account
Shanti Ananda Education Society
Andhra Bank, Mudigubba Branch
Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh, India
Account No: 185410100007532
Indian persons should give their donation to the
Shanti Ananda Education Society
Geetha Nagar, Mudigubba 515511
Andhra PragathiGrameena Bank
Account No. 19073080607
Teacher Prabhavathi with the 6th class on Nature Day in July